Sunday, August 05, 2012

MTV G's To Gents




                                                Dating Faux Pas

 

                                                Candace Mckenzie
                                                         



If you had the opportunity to see me on MTV's, G's To Gents, then you know my feelings on the subject of cellphone use. However, if you missed the show, then here is the quick, but important recap

Singles Beware! 

Cellphone and texting abuse on a date is my Number One , most offensive, dating faux pas!  
Cellphones are an important part of our busy lives now. However, I feel that there may be no reason for you to not give your full, undivided attention to your date. 

Now of course, there could be emergencies.... 

But unless you are an ER doctor, or a parent waiting to hear from your child, there may be NO excuse for you to be constantly looking at your phone! It's so distracting, and frankly in bad taste.

This also goes for wearing those ridiculous blue tooths while on a date. Please kindly take them off . (I seriously once had a man wear it for our entire dinner date, and I ended up feeling like I was playing a game of Space Cadets in a sand box.)

Option note here, if you must take a call or return a text for an emergency, kindly let your date know that by saying, "I wanted to apologize upfront that I may have to take this call. I know it's rude, but I will make it quick. After the call, I promise I will turn my phone off to give you my full attention."

Remember, actions speak louder than words, and manners go a long way in the dating world, and if you cannot do your best to invest your fully, focused time to your date, then know you are NOT ready to meet the one.

FYI: This also goes to those Facebook , Twitter, and Instagram addicts- if you want a relationship, then please find a social network, support group!

  For More Info Go To My site for Press, Videos and Contact info!
www.ConnectingSoulTo Mate.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preach it girl! I was on a date recently with a handsome, 35 year old stock broker. This guy had it all - he was tall, sexy, smart, good job, and he wasn't your typical egomaniac. But he showed up wearing the earpeice...and NEVER TOOK IT OFF. Seriously, at that point, you just have to admit that you've joined the Borg....(of Star Trek fame). Once you're a part of the machine - plugged in, turned on, always 'available', attached to someone else's chain - you are really NOT available to the person you're with. And if that person happens to be a beautiful, smart, fabulous woman, then honey, take it from me, Lose the Earpiece! Rock on, Dahling! I'm with you.